Watching Youtube videos of people clearing the level make it seems like it is easy to clear. Unfortunately it is more difficult than it seems. Moreover, it is not that helpful a guide as the candy layout on the game board is never the same for each game, even for the same level. There is no way you can duplicate their moves on your game board and clear your own game.
Having a strategy might help but even if you play to the strategy religiously, you still need some luck to help you clear it. Here are some tips to clear this level.
Tips to clear level 342 of Candy Crush Saga
- The jellies hidden under the icing cupcakes are random for each game of level 342 and there is no way to tell which of them is hiding a jelly.
- Thats why a strategy to leave the jelly fishes until the end is required, because that is the only way to clear the hidden jellies. Using them too early would waste them on clearing the easier to reach jellies hidden under the top layers of cupcakes.
- You will not be able to crack all of the cupcakes within the normal moves allocated, so do not bother.
- Concentrate on clearing the top first line of cupcakes, it will make your task much easier. But don't neglect the visible jellies on board too, especially the top row.
- Using mega combos like matching strip with wrapped candies would also help in destroying the harder to reach cupcakes. A fish matched with a rainbow sprinkles would also help because it will mutate into many fishes and help clear a lot of tiles!
- If you are able to leave the fishes untouched until you have cleared the top line of cupcakes, you should be able to clear this stage. Avoid matching the fishes too early if you can help it, if you really must match the fishes, match it with a stripped candy or wrapped candy for more mileage.
- Finally, don't give up! Candy Crushers are not quitters!