Jailbreak iOS 6.1! Jailbreak iOS 6.0!
The latest untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.0 to 6.1 is out!
Evasi0n 1.0 is the tool you would need to jailbreak your iPhone/iPad running on iOS 6.0 to 6.1!
The entire process is very simple even if this is your first jailbreaking attempt.
All you need is to start the tool on your computer/mac, click on the jailbreak button, follow the instructions which involve simple action on your part like sliding to unlock and then tapping on an icon.
What you would need -
- Latest version of iTunes installed in your computer
- If you are using Windows, please make sure that you can run programs as Administrator
- Plenty of time
- Any iPhone or any iPad running iOS 6.0 to 6.1
Note : If you are running an unlocked device, please wait for Ultrasn0w to be released, do not proceed with this jailbreak.
- Disable Passcode Lock on your device
- Backup your Apple device on iTunes
- Connect your device to your computer
- Download the latest version of evasi0n jailbreak for your OS (Mac/Windows) from this link (source : iphonehacks.com)
- Unzip the downloaded file into a directory and click on the evasi0n.exe file. If you are a Windows user, right click and select "Run as Administrator"
- Follow the instructions on the screen as prompted by evasi0n software
- Click the Jailbreak button
After clicking on the button, you will be given a progress update on the various stages of the jailbreak process.
Please wait patiently while the jailbreaking process is running, don’t start iTunes or Xcode in the meanwhile. The process may take 5 minutes.
Once the process is complete, you will get a message informing you to unlock your iPhone/iPad. Do not close the evasi0n application at this point!
Unlock your iPhone/iPad and then tap on the newly pop up Jailbreak app (the one with the evasi0n icon) on your iPhone/iPad .
When you launch the evasi0n app, the screen will go black for a second and exit. Don’t worry, this will start the next stage of the jailbreak process.
The tool will again give you progress update on the next stage of the jailbreak process.
Once it is done, it will give a message informing you that the “Jailbreak complete! The device may restart a few times as it completes the process”.
The rest of the jailbreak process will now take place on your iPhone/iPad. You will see the evasion logo on your iPhone/iPad with the status as the jailbreak process is going on such as Patching kernel, Loading Cydia, Rebooting, Initializing offsets, Cleaning up…, Done! Continuing boot.
Note: The Patching kernel step can take as much as 18 minutes, so please be patient.
After your iPhone/iPad has rebooted, you’re done. It has been successfully jailbroken and you should be able to find the Cydia icon on your iPhone’s home screen (it may not be on the first page so search for it to locate it).